Your Personal Vacation Casita Standard Features were compiled after 6 years of Investigation, Contemplation, Engineering, Construction and Design Needs for building on Roatan. These are the Features that I, personally, have in my own Vacation Casita. Also, I bring over 45 years of experience in designing, contracting and building Homes and Commercial Properties in the United States. The plans shown emphasize the role of entertaining, gathering and activities. Hence, larger Kitchen, Living and Lounging areas. The Bedrooms and Bathroom are still of adequate size for their individual purposes.
The Personal Casita's are Very "Green" or Energy-Efficient. To incorporate these Standard Features into your Personal Casita at the time of design and construction is much more cost-effective and a lot less time-consuming. Your Vacation Casita ends up being a much less burden on your normal operating expenses by using less electrical, gas, water, etc. Those Smaller Expenses, plus low HOA Dues and Property Taxes, keep your Vacation Casita's Yearly Expenses Low, especially when you are not there. Yet, you still Enjoy Great "Creature Comforts" and Efficiency through utilizing Modern Technology and Design, all Without Much Sacrifice.
In a lot of instances, your Vacation Casita will be More Fun, and More 'Livable', with less Expenses and Maintenance, than your main home. In my families case, several of the 'Standard Features' for these Personal Casita's are not even in my primary residence in the U.S.
- Energy-Efficient (GREEN) Construction Throughout
- Open Floor Plans
- Vaulted Ceilings Throughout
- R-16 Insulation in Ceilings for Air-Conditioning Savings
- R-16 Insulation in Walls for Air-Conditioning Savings
- Energy-Efficient Insulated Glass Windows w/Grids & Screens
- Optional Palm Fronds Fixed to Roofing for Tropical Look
- Wood Interior Doors, with Locking Knobs
- Energy-Efficient Exterior Insulated 6-panel Steel Doors
- Exterior Locking Door Knobs, with Keyed-Alike Deadbolts
- Energy-Efficient Lighting Throughout
- Energy-Efficient Exterior Security Lighting
- Finished Sheet Rock Interiors
- Large Custom Breakfast Bars
- Quality Tile Floors Throughout Living Areas
- Outside Deck Shower
- Electrical Washer/Dryer Hookups, with Plumbing & Venting
- 60" Space for Standard Side by Side Washer and Dryer
- Dishwasher Hookup
- Bottled Gas Hookup for Cooking and Hot Water
- Wall Safe for Laptop Computer, etc.
- Maintenance-Free 40 Year Guarantee Exterior Paint
- Minimum 125 Amp Electrical Service
- Interior Wiring Minimum 14 gage Copper, with Grounding
- Energy-Efficient Gas Tankless Water Heater
- Separate Electrical and Water Metering
- High Efficiency 18+ SEER Split Air Conditioning Units...
- with Cooling/Humidity Control/Air Purification & Heating.
- Water Cistern, with Pump, and Rain Gutters at Roof Eaves
- Hookup to Potable Well Water in Immediate Vicinity
- Hookup to Environmentally Sound Septic System
- Property Landscaping
- Provision for Telephone and Cable TV Lines
- Optional Floor System Piers for Cooling & Tropical Look
- Exterior Structural Wood Treated for Termite Control
- Maintenance-Free 19'3" x 11'6" Screened Front Entry
- Open Deck Area for Bar-B-Que, Sun and Lounging
- Maintenance-Free & Splinter-Free Composite Wood Decking
- Lockable Storage in Utility Room for Personal Security
- Shelving in Utility Room
- Extra Large Interior Storage above Hallway
- Hard Wired & battery-powered Smoke Detectors Throughout
- Interior Walls-Metal Studs for Rot, Mildew & Termite Control
- Custom Design Services Available
- Optional Furniture Package, with Customizing Choices
- Turnkey Casita Available-Unlock Door & Unpack. You're Done!!
As indicated earlier, there is not much choice in Building Materials, Doors, Windows, Appliances, Trim Work, Furniture, etc., etc. on Roatan Island. 'Most everything needs to be shipped in. Because of this lack of choice and competition, the prices are somewhat high on what is available.
To overcome this, Jade Monkey Properties rents a shipping container in Miami, Florida and has the manufactured 'Casita Vacation/Rental Package' sent there. Then, all the rest of the building materials, furnishings, appliances, interior finishes, decking, plumbing, electrical, etc., etc., are purchased in the Miami area and placed in that container. This allows Jade Monkey Properties to have a great selection of materials, with quality and reasonable pricing, to choose from. The filled container is then loaded on a ship and 4 days later it arrives in Roatan. All of the materials, etc. for your complete 'Turnkey Casita' are now on Roatan Island, ready for installation.
There is a 16% 'Import Duty' added onto the actual cost of items shipped into Roatan from outside Honduras. However, there is a 16% 'Government Sales Tax' on all items purchased on the Island so, in reality, not much in extra costs would be noticed. But the ability to select quality materials from several outlets, and having different choices of products, greatly outweigh any extra costs. Buying quality, while costing a little more, will make a big difference on Roatan. Guarantees are not usually honored in Honduras. Also, it could be very difficult to find someone qualified to repair your refrigerator, or washer, on the Island. Local parts would almost be non-existent. Plus, shipping a poor quality washer back to the country where it was purchased, and then reshipping it back to Roatan after being fixed is generally out of the question.
*All Specifications Subject to Change Without Notice*
Return to Top: Standard Features
Return from 'Standard Features' to Jade Monkey 'Home Page'